9 Reasons: Why Use WordPress for Your Website
Many Blogging platforms have come and gone, but not WordPress. Since its inception in 2003, it has now become the preferred and preeminent open source web development platform.
WordPress tops the list of most often used site building packages in the world, followed by Joomla and Drupal. Though all of them are free to download and use, they all come with numerous add-ons for specialized functionality, and all can be customised to suit the needs of users.
Unlike Joomla and Drupal, WordPress includes features for beginners, this sets it apart from the rest and makes it easy to set up a site quickly with no knowledge of code or programming.
The last 15+ years have proven to be a time of concrete growth for blogging and web design service. 400 million people see 24 billion pages hosted by WP every month. WordPress blogs are written in over 120 languages.
What is WordPress?
Do you know? WordPress controls nearly one-third of the world’s websites, from small individual blogs to the complex sites of major companies such as Sony, the New York Post etc. WordPress is the only site where builders and content management systems users can download and install it for free. It also has unique features that undoubtedly makes it the most popular content management system in use today. WordPress is arguably the best publishing platform for web design in business now.
Now, if you are thinking of building a new website, for any of your need, here’s why it should be a WordPress website design.
- Simple and easy – This feature helps WordPress overcome competitors like Drupal or Joomla (as discussed above) and become the favourite choice of web developers everywhere, eliminating the need to learn HTML, CSS, PHP and other technologies. No, you don’t have to deal with any coding! You can choose from templates or work with a professional web developer or a WordPress service provider if you’re looking for more custom and unique web designs or require certain features.
This altogether eliminates the time you’d spend learning website design and may give you time to devote to growing other areas of your business.
- Stable and innovative – Just like our phones, WordPress stays up-to-date with the latest technology, trends and user requirements. The function and purpose of a website can change with the change in business. Regular updates mean that problems are resolved, and new useful and exciting features are added regularly.
- Flexibility – Select from around 22,000+ plugins and thousands of themes to give your website a new look or adapt it to the constantly changing trends of online media. With WordPress, there’s a library of plugins that can be installed in just a few minutes. Make sure you read through the reviews and make sure it’s updated regularly before installing it to your website.
- Structure – One of the features that make WordPress SEO ready is its structure. Clean structure websites load quicker, and fast loading websites appeal to visitors.
Also, WordPress allows the creation of XML sitemaps, telling Google’s bots where your website pages are and which are worth crawling. It will spare you a fortune on website composition SEO administrations.
- Easy content management – Managing content has never been this easier. You can simplify conditions even more by assigning editors, authors, administrators and limiting their freedom.
If you can edit a Word document, you can edit the content on your WordPress website.
- Responsive – This CMS is your best option if you wish your website to adjust to the device it is accessed from and provide your visitors with an unforgettable experience, whether from smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
- Functionality – While most HTML web designers cover only basic functionality, WordPress takes the concept to a whole new level, by offering themes and plug-ins that make it easy to customize your website and enhance the user experience.
When you sign-up for a WordPress website, there is no limit, you can utilize a variety of plugins and themes. With a variety of modern and contemporary themes, almost everybody can build a site for any type of business including:
- Retail companies
- Professional blogger
- Job listings
- Small business
- Online communities
- Support – The WordPress community comprises thousands of technicians and volunteers providing free advice and support on various forums. All you need to do is post your question and you will receive your answer in no time.
- Speed and efficiency – WordPress allows you to build your website in as little as a single day, only requiring pictures and content. Many may argue that there are other proprietary software choices out there, and some of them offer most of the above benefits, be that as it may, none of them will offer at the same time, and none will ascend to the worth, adaptability and effectiveness of WordPress.
If you’re looking for more information on WordPress or WordPress Design and Development Services, contact us. One of our web experts will surely get back to your query.